So, what to "race" for the year, then?
- Miwok 100km, CA, May 3 (entered lottery; drawing Dec 12)
- Capitol Peak 50m, WA, April 26 (backup for Miwok)
- Cascade Crest 100, WA, August 23 (February lottery; first choice)
- Silverton Double Dirty 30 100k, CO, June 28 (Mini Hardrock! Super tempting; January registration)
- The Bear 100, UT, September 26 (waiting to see about Cascade Crest)
- Pine to Palm 100, OR, September 13 (double backup?)
A couple of 50k races or a 50m might sneak their way in, but I don't (currently) plan on doing more than four races next year. I may have spent too much time tapering and recovering and think I'd like to have a bit more freedom for adventure runs in 2014. I'd love to do some more pacing and crewing for 100m races, though!
Here is one of the adventure runs I didn't get to do this year; snowed out by that early-season storm the first week of October:
|Profile of the route, read right-to-left.|